Harold Maffet, the owner of Maffet Villa (aka Maffet’s Villa), also owned the short-lived Falls Chalet, managed by Margaret E. Henderson, of Crown Point Chalet fame. The Falls Chalet opened in June, 1914, and burned in January 1915.
By June, 1915, Maffet had rebuilt a “summer resort” named Falls Villa on the north side of the highway, which, the Gresham Outlook (June 15, 1915) reported, “Is now serving refreshments to tourists.” In the’40s, it was purchased by Benjamin and Alice Bennett, who operated it under the name, ‘Latourell Falls Villa,’ until its closure in the late ’50s. In 1959, the State of Oregon razed the structure and added the land to Talbot State Park. At one time, a service station was located where the parking lot is now situated. Later a gift shop replaced the service station.