Falls Chalet was located on a small hill on the south side of the highway near Latourell Falls.
Before Mrs. Margaret E. Henderson opened the Crown Point Chalet, she hosted at the Falls Chalet, which formerly graced the hillside above this point on the eastern slope of Falls (Latourell) Creek. The establishment, owned by the Maffet family, burned in January, 1915, after being open less than eight months. The owner, Harold Maffet, grew up in Brower, where his father owned a sawmill.
In 1914, Margaret Henderson, who had earlier hosted at the Chanticleer Inn, built, in association with Harold Maffet, the Falls Chalet on the hillside above the highway bridge. In January, 1915, after operating only six months, the Falls Chalet burned, a temporary set back for Henderson. However, the loss did not dash her entrepeneurial spirit as she quickly found another location above Crown Point to start anew